Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater

As a kid, teachers try to install in students that cheating is a form of stealing information and would not be tolerated in any way, shape or form; so you would think that in college the same rules would apply. Cheating must be the most senseless act a person could make as a student. I don't think it is worth the repercussion like getting kicked out of school for something that you should learn before you step foot into a professional field. If I was going under surgery the last thing I would want is a nurse or doctor that cheated on their exams and didn't know what they were doing to be conducting my surgery. It seems that a lot of people just want the easy way out of things and they don't realize how it could interfere in their lives.
I have been attending college for the past two years and I have realized it is not worth putting your future career on hold or losing the opportunity of landing that job at all because of a bad record. There is no reason to cheat, if one is capable to enter the class without cheating it's just as easy to pass it; but it takes time and work. Nobody is perfect and we all have our weak points but that isn't a good enough reason to cheat. I much rather fail a class then result to cheating. When one steals answers from another person one would not have a sense of accomplishment.
As a student that does his hours of studying and working hard for what I want it angers me to see some jerk kid creeping over my shoulder, trying to steal my answers. We are in college, we should know better then to stoop down to that childish level. If people went to keep acting like they are still in high school then maybe we should send them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment