Friday, March 20, 2009

Firefighter

I am attending Henry Ford Community College to become a Firefighter/Paramedic. I chose this career when I was around eighteen or nineteen years old. I feel I had a calling to help people and that was mainly why I chose this particular profession. I will soon be taking EMT and Paramedic classes soon after and hope to one day transfer to a university to obtain my bachelors in fire science. Sadly my education does not stop there; I will have to continue in an academy to get my firefighter one and two certification. Also, once I am hired on (God Willing) I will periodically be taking exams to be sure that I am up to date with all the knowledge and procedures. I will also have to take exams if I want to advance into a higher postion in the department. After all the schooling is complete I will have to take the nation wide exam to be hired onto any department all over the country.

I have always felt the need to help people even if it means risking my own life. I love what firefighters do because it is an honorable job and gives me alot to look forward to in terms of continuous excitement. I also believe this line of work build character, responsibility, and a brotherhood with my fellow firefighters. Sometimes it is hard to find the job that ine would have passion for, but in this case I feel I was destined for the duty of this job and because of this I will give it my all and even do it for free. It would really give me incentive to live and to feel important, needed and also give me a little more self-esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment